Re: Newbie

Thus spake Rodolfo:
> | I've read a number of things about the need to upgrade my DAC960 card to
> | 2.73 and my question is, how do I go about doing this?  The firmware
> | upgrade file that I found was an .EXE file, so I'm assuming that this is
> | a DOS/Windows executable.  Does this mean that I need to mount the DAC960
> | in a x86 box to perform the upgrade?  Any help would be greatly
> | appreciated as I recently came into 3 DEC Alpha 2100 boxes, each with a
> | nice RAID array and an accompanying DAC960 card.
>
> well, i did it via the long route and had NT installed on the box. i
> can dig up my notes on this and post the exact process, but you should
> be able to switch over to alphabios (for those machines that have the
> full ROM) and execute it from there. don't remember off the top of my
> head right now if the 2100 has the full ROM, but i know the 4100s do.

Yep, I've got a 2100 with a DAC960 in it, and it has both SRM and
alphabios.  Run the firmware upgrade from within the alphabios -- same
thing for running the RCU (RAID configuration utility)

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Speaking much is a sign of vanity, for he that is lavish with words is
a niggard in deed. - Sir Walter Raleigh