Re: Newbie

Louis Zirkel III said something about Re: Newbie on
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 :

| I've read a number of things about the need to upgrade my DAC960 card to
| 2.73 and my question is, how do I go about doing this?  The firmware
| upgrade file that I found was an .EXE file, so I'm assuming that this is
| a DOS/Windows executable.  Does this mean that I need to mount the DAC960
| in a x86 box to perform the upgrade?  Any help would be greatly
| appreciated as I recently came into 3 DEC Alpha 2100 boxes, each with a
| nice RAID array and an accompanying DAC960 card.

well, i did it via the long route and had NT installed on the box. i can dig up
my notes on this and post the exact process, but you should be able to switch
over to alphabios (for those machines that have the full ROM) and execute it
from there. don't remember off the top of my head right now if the 2100 has the
full ROM, but i know the 4100s do.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance at being incompetent. -
 Laurence J. Peter