Re: Problems with installing Linux on a DEC1000A

On Thu, 2003-08-14 12:39:29 +0200, Frank Frauenstein <Frank.Frauenstein@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 001101c36250$579082a0$d9159386@geo2.ruhrunibochum.de>:
> Hi,
> maybe somebody can help me.
> I tried to install Linux (until now only RedHat 7.1) on a DEC Alpha1000A.
> The big problem is the Mylex Raid Controller, it is not recognised by the
> install-routine and therefore I cannot choose a partition to install Linux
> to.
> Is this a problem with Debian, too? Is there any solution for this problem?
> Which release of Debian I should try to install on the machine....questions
> over questions.

If you've got another Alpha machine around, you'd compile a proper
kernel for your install floppies. If you cannot come up with a proper
kernel, I'd propably offer to compile one for you... You'd recompile
afterwards a new kernel fitting your needs, though...

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));