Re: EB164 SRM Problems - Followup

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:29:06PM +0100, S.D. Pais wrote:

> Doh... I could of course consider to chage my ways, but then I'ld have to
> run the thing _without_ VGA card... Since SRM doens't seem to support my (or
> any?) ISA cards... And when I'ld remove the 4Port NIC I'ld have to replace
> it with 2 other single port NIC's, and thus still have no space for a PCI
> graphics card... But then, if the ECC correction doens't work under ARC, I
> suppose it'd be the better choice?

Isn't there a way to use the 4-port NIC and the VGA from Linux even
without SRM being able to init those devices?

I know that on x86, Linux can do the PCI (topology/interrupt) setup
itself if the BIOS neglects this. And XFree86 or fbdev may be able to
setup your VGA card from scratch.

I suppose the real question is whether the pci= kernel option is still
only supported on Intel?

Cheers,

Emile.

--