RAM for PC164LX

Hi,

I have an AlphaPC 164LX system with 256MB RAM that I'm wanting to expand to
512MB.  I have tried to find out, on various Internet sites, just what kind
of RAM I need, and have found only conflicting information.  Indeed, popping
in a standard PC133 DIMM from another PC was totally unrecognized by the
Alpha.

Certain sites seem to indicate that the 164LX uses proprietary RAM, and
off-the-shelf stuff will not work.  Others say that off-the-shelf stuff WILL
work, if chosen correctly.  Can anyone help me out?

Also, some sites say modules must be added in pairs, while others dispute
that.

Thanks,
John Goerzen