Re: CCC/CXX installation

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 14:27, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Phil Carmody <thefatphil@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> > --- John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> > > I noticed the same problem recently.  Go into the create-comp-config.sh
> > > file and move the -v so it comes after the -V {GCC_PATH} thing.
> >
> > Yup, I tried that hack myself! It kinda-sorta seemed to work.
> >
> > > Also, I hacked it to call gcc instead of gcc-2.95.  You may need to make
> > > a few other minor adjustments to GCC_PATH.
> >
> > OK, I've not noticed anything that I can be sure is caused by that yet, but I
> > am unable to build what I was trying to build :-(

Are these things that the ccc .deb can change so that it works?  I can't
seem to get create-comp-config.sh to work, even trying these edits.

If you can get it to work, please file a bug against ccc, if possible
with a patch.

> > ccc is complaining that
> > <<<
> > ./compile speed.c
> > cc: Error: /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h, line 71: Invalid declarator.
> > (declarator)
> >   __pthread_cond_align_t __align;
> > >>>

> > Which is being pulled in via <sys/types.h>.
>
> See bug #212233. As a workaround, rename __align to __align_ or
> whatever.

Likewise, can the ccc .deb assist in this workaround?
--
-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg