Re: Kernel panic & qlogicisp module

&scoring

Ulrich Harttig said:
> I have a problem with what I believe is the qlogicisp SCSI driver module.
> Under certain conditions = when copying large files > 50 MB from sda to
> sdb is in progress, the kernel panics:

If you head over to http://www.feral.com/isp.html , you can get an
alternative driver for QLogic ISP controllers.  It has the advantage of
being a unified driver (it can drive pretty much the entire QLogic line of
SCSI/FC-ALcontrollers), and it supports things like SCSI disconnect that
the stock kernel drivers don't support.  I've used it briefly to drive an
ISP1080 card, but not long enough to attest to its stability.

--
Kelledin
"If a server crashes in a server farm and no one pings it, does it still