Fwd: Re: Rookie questions

(Sorry, I replied directly to Mr. Kreutzmann the first time.)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:08:20 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

>>kind of X display and pray for KDE but the Xserver apparently
>>won't start because I get an error message.
>
>Which error message? Without, it's quite hard to help.
>
>Greetings
>
>Helge

Thanks for the partitioning tips.  I'm a unix rookie here and just
trying to pick up some best practices.

During the first install and running of dselect I choose "desktop".
Like I mentioned in a previous post, I don't see "x windows" so
can't choose it.  When I finish the install and reboot I get and
error that says "no xserver found."  When I run dselect again it
appears that no KDE or Xserver/Xfree stuff was selected because
there's no "*" next to it, so I select it.  The result here has been
an X & KDE that run but a konqueror that only work a few times
before getting in a state where they'll no longer start.