Re: Rookie questions

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:50:24 +0200, Nikos Ntarmos wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 08:22:28AM -0500, Mark Abreu wrote:
>>I haven't mastered the magic of resolving conflicts with dselect
>>because no matter what I select there's a library conflict or
>>something that prevents me from selecting Koffice.
>
>Perhaps you would like to check out aptitude. Its conflict
>resolution algorithm seems to work better for me than the dselect
>one (although I can't understand why is that... after all, its apt-
>get and dpkg that do the job).
>
>L8r...

Downloaded aptitude and gave it a shot.  Same results - Koffice is
gone when I use the download.kdr.org site as one of my apt sources.
So it comes out with the next install.  It seems to me there must be
some kind of dependency problem with

http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable main

because I can't get Koffice with it.