Re: Success report: Radeon 7500, mystery manufacturer

Kelledin [kelledin+DAXP@skarpsey.dyndns.org] wrote:
> It works at 2048x1536x16, but...the screen image is a bit
> unsteady.  Probably because I'm pushing the limits of the
> monitor.  Take it down to 1920x1440x162 goodness and it's fine.
> Console switching now works (woohoo!)

This is usually a cable problem.  You need a *very* good cable to
support the 100's MHz dot clock.  You get dispersion in the cable which
looks like ghosting.  Sometimes I think the kind of cables that
terminate in a set of 5 BNC connectors are better for super-high
resolutions but I'm not sure.

Good to hear the radeon works though.

I have a similar shearing/page flipping problem on my x86 radeon laptop.
I don't think that's an alpha-specific issue (but I haven't figured out
how to fix it yet).

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics]

    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to
    be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge
    gives. A popular government without popular information or the means
    of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or
    perhaps both."
        - James Madison (4th President of the U.S.)