Re: Success report: Radeon 7500, mystery manufacturer

On Sunday 03 August 2003 06:55 pm, Tom Vier wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 05:29:24PM -0500, Kelledin wrote:
> > glxinfo shows DRI enabled.  glxgears gets about 313FPS.  The
>
> how'd you get dri working? my attempts a while back failed.
> glxgears does 192fps; software rendering. 8(

I built the drm modules from the XFree86 source tree, did
modprobe radeon, and let XFree86 -configure take care of the
rest.  I had to add a little section below the Module section to
let nonprivileged users have access to DRI features:

Section "DRI"
	Mode 0666
EndSection

--