Re: AW: installing kernel-image

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 09:24, Lars Oeschey wrote:
> I guess a 'abootconf /dev/c0d0p2' will do the correct thing for me,
> since I boot from a raid?

That is:

abootconf <device> <num>

device- The linux device representing the drive on which /etc/aboot.conf is
stored.
num- The partition number on which /etc/aboot.conf is stored.

For my machine it would be 'abootconf /dev/sda 1' because /etc/aboot.conf is
on the first SCSI drive (/dev/sda), partition 1.

-T

PS:  Note that the device is the drive (i.e. /dev/sda) not the partition on
the drive (i.e. /dev/sda1).  The parition number is given as the second
paramater.  The program modifies the configuration info in the aboot image
that resides on the first several sectors of the drive.

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                        Dept. of Applied Mathematics,