Re: compiling 2.4.20

theoretically, I don't see why the OS should bother if there is a real
hdd on a SCSI controller or a whole array behind a RAID controller.  The
initrd images are loaded anyway by simple, generic ways. The only
problem I could imagine is if there must be SRM support for the DAC960
(and I suppose there should be). But I'll make room for the experts
here.  I have never 'seen' a DAC960 controller in my life :)

Ionut