Re: 2.4.21 on alpha

> I tried to build 2.4.21 from the unstable kernel-source package on my PWS
> 500a. The build using make-kpkg wirks fine, installation, too.
> But when the machines boots with 2.4.21 it hangs at IDE initialisation.
> Everything was fine with 2.4.20, i used "make oldconfig" to convert the old
> kernel configuration.

Had that problem to.  Turn off the CMD64X chipset support
(CONFIG_BLK_DEC_CMD64X -- under the IDE menu).

-T

PS:  There seems to be some sort of bug in the Debian 2.4.20 kernel as well
(general).  It doesn't hang, but it sure randomly scrambled the data on my
two IDE drivers...

PPS:  So far 2.4.21 (with CMD64X disabled) hasn't corrupted any data for the
IDE drives yet... (course I'm mostly using a SCSI drive now)

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,