Re: Debian Alpha Sarge ISO's

Rob Thyssen wrote:
On Sunday 22 Jun 2003 2:33 am, Keith Grider wrote:

Woody has 2.4.18. It loads with 2.2.x, but includes 2.4.18 with the dist
and it is dpkg upgradeable. Why? I do not know, but there it is.

KeithG

At the risk of exposing my incompetence, may I ask what I should type at the command prompt to perform this upgrade (I'm assuming something along the lines of: dpkg -i kernel???).

Thank you and kind regards,

Rob Thyssen

I do not know the exact command, but I did find the 2.4 generic kernel in the package manager tool under X (Cannot remember its name). Make sure to install the moduules you need to boot ('Modconf'?) The only 'issue' I had was that I needed to add a note to my aboot line to make it load a boot image. Once I added this, it works fine.

KeithG