Re: AS255, X not running

I was unable to get the standard X running on our boxes as well.  It seemed
that there was some sort of problem with the module loading code.  I finally
just went with xfree86-debug (or whatever it's called) package.  It comes
with all the modules permenentally linked in.

It solved my problems.  Maybe that would work for you two as well.

-T

PS:  If you do use the debug package, you will have to manually setup the
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, as the X configuration script doesn't think it
can handle the debug package (I just made a copy of the one the one that
installing the non-debug package created).

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,