Re: srm nightmare, milo & kernel future questions

Don't use gcc-2.9.5 on alpha. I just does not work. Use 3.2 for instead.

Yeah, I searched and found that right after posting, thanks. But, from reading about it on various list archives, it seems unclear whether you can just install 3.2 out of unstable without it replacing 2.95. I read the "transition" document and was slightly confused. I'd really rather not hose this machine any farther. If I can just install it in addition to 2.95 without breaking a stock woody install, then I'll try it. The C++ ABI change scares me. Or somebody could just send me a binary srm_env.o built against the generic 2.4.18 (can you tell I come from the windows world? :), assuming that's a safe thing to do.

Thanks,
Chris