Re: AlphaStation 500 MILO problems + Voodoo questions
- To: Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: AlphaStation 500 MILO problems + Voodoo questions
- From: Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 14:00:00 +0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] 8765ovx77z.fsf@Astalo.kon.iki.fi>
- In-reply-to: <20030429095616.A5031@linux04.mro.cpqcorp.net> (Jay Estabrook's message of "Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:56:16 -0400")
- References: <20030428124751.A3319@linux04.mro.cpqcorp.net> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20030428175409.B4171@linux04.mro.cpqcorp.net> <877k9elyk0.fsf@Astalo.kon.iki.fi> <20030429095616.A5031@linux04.mro.cpqcorp.net>
Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook@compaq.com> writes:
> Well, XFree86 often does run its BIOS emulator on the card, and yes,
> it may do a much better job.
Oh. I didn't realize it did that already.
> and often the modern BIOSes seem to crash the (older) SRM BIOS
> emulators, so even with auto-boot or serial console, you'd get
> stuck... :-\
Perhaps one could unsolder the BIOS from the card and tell
XFree86 to read it from a file instead.