Re: boot problems

The way you suggest to boot vmlinuz works. The way you suggest to
boot xl bombs off with exactly the same error message as before.
Seems to leave me with no way to compile a kernel with a new
config file and test it while preserving the old kernel that I know
works.

Thanks,

Donald Daniel

mcompengr@earthlink.net wrote:

"file not found" seems clear.

What do you get with these:
boot dqa0 -file 1/vmlinuz -flags "root=/dev/hda1"
boot dqa0 -file 1/xl -flags "root=/dev/hda1"

-Martin

"Donald D. Daniel" wrote:
My /etc/aboot.conf is as follows:

0:1/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/hda1
1:1/xl ro root=/dev/hda1

In /boot and /boot2 I have identical files including
vmlinuz-2.2.22.

At / I have vmlinuz and xl, symbolic links to the two
identical copies of the kernel.

If I "boot dqa0 -fl i" to get into aboot,
I can type "0" and one copy of the kernel will boot.
If I type "1", the other copy does not boot, instead I
get:

read error, lbn 70532881: 0x8000000000000000
ext2_iget: read error
xl: file not found
aboot>

Why does the other identical copy of the kernel not boot?

Donald Daniel