Re: Alpha vr Monitor

On Monday 14 April 2003 09:53 am, roberto.varela@teradyne.com
wrote:
> I have an Alpha Station 200 with the DEC monitor VRC21-KA.
> This monitor uses 5 cable (Red, Green, Blue & 2 sync)

This sounds like old BNC x5 connections.  These are coax plugs
that latch in by twisting maybe a quarter-turn.  I could be
wrong, though; Jay Estabrook could probably tell us if I was.

> I want to know if it's possible to plug a normal VGA PC's
> monitor into the Alpha unit ???? and how ???

...possibly.  I do know that you can connect a normal VGA
(15-pin, 3-row DSUB) to a BNC x5 monitor, because I've done so
with my Sony monitor (GDM-FW900).  It just takes a rather
uncommon cable.  I don't know if the conversion can go the other
way though.

OTOH, you may be able to just get a monitor with the BNC x5
inputs.  Some higher-end CRTs (like mine) have this, in addition
to the more standard 15-pin DSUB VGA input.  But this would
severely limit your choice of monitors.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"