Re: help

At 07:32 AM 4/04/03, Bob Schmidt sent this up the stick:
I have a 433au with 256M of ram, a 20gb ide hard drive, and I am having a very difficult time installing debian release 3.0r1. I get everything to install but as it goes through the configuration it errors with this message "error python2.1 sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg error code 1" I have reinstalled several times (4) to no avail. I have used linux before but never debian. Anyway, when I go to startx it errors out.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to provide more info. It isn't Python thats crapping out, but something else that dpkg is trying to install - Python is just the language that the script is written in.

cheers,
Rob

--
Cyberspace is where you are when you're on the telephone.

This is random quote 406 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5