Re: SCSI cards and SRM (Re: questions)

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 12:01:38PM +0100, Adrian Zaugg wrote:

> Is there a site where those "certain" controllers are listed?

No idea, sorry. Would definitely be handy though.

> I have tried a few controllers in my 7305 and none of them were
> working properly... Is it right to say: If the card doesn't work under
> SRM, it doesn't work under the OS?

No, each has its own set of drivers. You'll need a controller that's
supported both by SRM (so it can bootstrap the system) and the OS.

In theory, an OS could use the driver callbacks provided by SRM, but in
practice, that's never done because the drivers in SRM are relatively
limited.

Cheers,

Emile.

--