From: Ted S. Letofsky [mailto:tletofsky@rorke.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 25 February 2003 10:03 AM
To: Debian-Alpha
Cc: Mark T. Valites
Subject: RE: Multia Install problems

Hello there.
I am currently running a 166 Alpha Multia,
and not using SRM.

I'm using ARC and went through the aches and pains of that, instead.

If I understand Multias correctly (I'm a total newbie to Linux AND
Alphas)
I'd say that the Multia won't boot directly from an EXT2 partition,
period.

You have to create a FAT partition (the Multia can read directly from
FAT or from ISO9660 only),
and you have to point the firmware to the partition, where Milo and the
"noname" file live.

--
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

This is random quote 649 of a collection of 1273

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe:
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5