Some troubles with SID + XFS

Hello everybody! :)

I'm running Debian SID on PWS 500a with a Symbios 895 controller.
After having tryied ReiserFS (which almost broke my system for the
second and last time in my life...) I decided to switch from ext3 to XFS
which proved me to be an excellent filesystem on the intel server I'm
administering at work.
Kernel compilation with XFS patch goes good, and so does mkfs.xfs
creation of filesystem.
Anyway, I cannot mount the created filesystem and I get this error:

/home/gl# mkfs.xfs -f /dev/sda8
meta-data=/dev/sda8              isize=256    agcount=8, agsize=16567
blks
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=132536, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks, unwritten=0
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096
log      =internal log           bsize=4096   blocks=1200, version=1
         =                       sunit=0 blks
realtime =none                   extsz=65536  blocks=0, rtextents=0

/home/gl# mount -t xfs /dev/sda8 /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda8,
       or too many mounted file systems

I've tryied some kernel releases + xfs patches since 2.4.16 kernel and I
also downloaded latest debian kernel-source package and kernel-patch-xfs
package.
I've tryied compiling with gcc 2.95, 3.0.x, 3.1 and 3.2.2 and it's
always the same situation.

Did anybody have the same problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks a lot, my alpha-friends :)
(and forgive my bad english... :))

Bye
gl :)