Re: new install

Joakim Roubert wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Donald Spoon wrote:

he 'rescue" and "root" floppies + the built-in NIC + the 2.2.XX kernel
then upgraded everything after I got the basic install going...new
kernel, 3c905-TX NIC, and ext3.

I got to the point of inserting/configuring modules; then it flashes a text at the bottom line of the screen, and all I can see is "ERROR", and then I get back to the next step (configure network).

I checked the other consoles, and the one with the log says something like bootstrap error or so. Strange.

I was checking for the testing installation (workaround always rule...), but didn't find any disks or so.

Is it possible that some steps have to be done before?
I did everything in the normal order, and then chose to install kernel from /dev/fd0

/Jokke tmw.
···
 http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/

Dunno what to tell you.... maybe some others here will have an idea. The fact that the installer is working up to the point of installing the modules says you don't have a hardware problem...probably. Bad disk or download perhaps??

Try an install from the network if you can. You should be able to install the kernel, modules, and base system entirely from the network. That would get around a possibly corrupt file on your floppy...

Cheers & Good Luck!
-Don Spoon-