Re: Mylex Extremeraid 3000 + DAC960 woes.

Hi all :)

> > If this is indeed the case, I do have some (unofficial) patches to
> > the DAC960 driver which appear to work for large memory configurations.
> > Let me know if you want them.

yes please .. me too i'm also interested.

> If you have patches, you have compiled it ;-)
> May i ask, what "method" you use, to get the DAC-driver compiled ?
> I haven't found anything working, besides redefining the functions
> in the DAC-drivers from "static inline" to "static". As far as i understand,
> that should not have any impact on functionality, but rather on performance.
> ( Currently, I'd care more to get the da** thing running ;-)

change in make file every occurence of gcc in gcc-3.0
in vi :%s/gcc/gcc-3.0/gc would do it for you.

this enabled to compile a kernel for our machine
but 2.4.x didn't boot on our machine,
i had until now no time to sent a bug-report to lkml

good luck
maximilian attems