Re: 3ware Escalade 7810 & UP2000+

[regarding 3ware Escalade 7810]
> Has anyone ever run ATA RAID5 on UP2000+?

I've not seen any success stories regarding this driver. Try compiling it yet?

> The above card is
> supposed to be able to; plus it is 64 bit/66MHz like UP2000+'s PCI
> bus.

The UP2000 or any DP264 class machine with Tsunami chipset has a 64/33Mhz
PCI bus NOT 64/66Mhz.

>Any ideas as to why I should NOT buy it? Or should I consider
> some other controller? SCSI is, unfortunately, out of the question
> since the discs cost too much for our budjet.

Considering the alternatives. Buy one cheap and see if it works or go software
raid. I think I commented on this before???

Peter

--
www.alphadriven.org