PCI speed??

I recently ran an hdparm -t test on my ide disk (new ATA100 one) against
my original scsi disk, and it lost, by quite a bit too.  After some
toying around i realized that the ide-disk module was using 33Mhz for
transfers.  It's an Ultra100 controller, so it better damn well do more
than 33Mhz.  So i tried unloading the module and reloading it with
"idebus=66", but i get errors saying its not a valid option.

The command i use is:

modprobe ide-disk idebus=66

The reason im using 66, and not 100, is that the message it spits out
when i do: modprobe ide-disk, says that i should use idebus=xx if i want
something other than 33Mhz.  66 fits into xx, 100 doesnt, and right now
i'd be happy with 66.

So, i was wondering, do alphas only have 33mhz pci buses or something?
is there a reason i cant get over that speed going?  7megs/sec transfer
isnt exactly lightning fast.   Especially seeing how i use it for swap
now too.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org