Re: booting on a microway alpha box

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:39:49PM -0500, Douglas Fils wrote:

> I am booting from AlphaBIOS/milo (can I install SRM in it's place, it
> sounds like the better option).

Of course you can. Download the SRM firmware image from ftp.digital.com,
put in on a clean DOS-formatted floppy, and choose "Upgrade AlphaBIOS"
(or something like that). If you'll get an error after reading the disk,
check the jumper settings on the mainboard -- there is a Firmware r/o
jumper.

--
Regards, Wartan.
"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."