Re: What have we learned? (WAS -RE: Idea: Reponse to the responses( was RE: Interesting idea....(at least I think so) ))

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 rmurray@debian.org wrote:

> The autobuilder is currently running on lully, which is more capable than
> any of the other alpha machines available.  Indeed, it is one of the top two
> fastest buildds.

Ah, ok.  I wasn't sure what machine it was moved to.  Yes, lully is more
than capable of doing both :-)  In fact, I'll see if I still have a spare
18GB drive to send in to add to lully.  Last time that I checked, it had
adequate disk space, but more never hurts :-)  Alternatively, if I still
have the drive free, it can be used on another, more needy arch (it's SCA,
so fair warning).

> We current have three alphas available for developer access.  faure (potato),
> lully (woody), and escher (woody).

I *totally* forgot about escher :-)  Good point.  Perhaps Branden (note
the correct spelling this time, Branden :-P) is the best candidate for
this one :-)

> arm has one developer accessable machine rameau, running potato.  There is
> insufficient disk space for chroots for general use.  debussy has the
> available hardware, but has not been returned to the colo for several months
> now.  powerpc has one developer accessable machine voltaire, running sid.
> There isn't enough space for chroots for general use, but given that it
> runs sid, it isn't that much of a problem.  Additional arm machines can
> be accessed by contacting pb, the port leader, an additional alpha is
> available by contacting rkrusty.

Yes, I have access to both, personally (I own a ppc and have access to two
arm machines now), so I'm covered, at least.  I have heard others asking
about debussy, though, so I was wondering how ARM was doing as far as
acquiring more hardware.