Re: Network no work

> On Apr 15, Rob Byrnes illuminated :

> I'm running Woody with a 2.4.18 kernel (from packages) on a PC64, my network
> card uses the de4x5 module which is not loaded at boot, and when I load it
> by hand using insmod it doesn't "take" any of the settings in
> /etc/network/interfaces (IP address etc)  I remember when doing the first
> apt-get update && upgrade after installing, some script warning that it
> couldn't convert /etc/network/interfaces.

what does your /etc/network/interfaces file look like?
it should be like:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
# installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
# automatically added when upgrading
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.42.21
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.42.0
        broadcast 192.168.42.255
        gateway 192.168.42.1

> Also, how do I get a module to load at boot time?

see:

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a #, and everything on the line after them are ignored.

NVdriver
radio-aztech io=0x350
es1371
de4x5
aic7xxx
sd_mod

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy