Re: Linux on a DEC alpha XL-300

Wieger Opmeer wrote:
On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Donald R. Spoon wrote:

--snip-- <

*Dig* I'm using 'NCR53C8XX SCSI support', with 2 scsi disks an a scsi
cdrom attached. All further scsi options are default.

Same here.

-snip-- <

Hm... are you building a 'generic' kernel or a kernel for a specific
system type? (I'm using system type 'Alpha-XL', your system is a
'Alcor/Alpha-XLT')

I have tried both "generic" and "Alcor/Alpha-XLT", but most of the trys were with the latter. No success on either. Also, my compiler choked on the devfs option initially so I took it out. I have not tried it again, but am doing so at this moment. The kernel compiles just fine now... it just won't boot.

Oh btw.. I seem to be running a '2.4.18-rc3' kernel instead of '2.4.18',
maybe that matters, I don't know how much these versions differ.

That could be a factor. I will try to get my hands on it if I continue to have problems. My kernel is from the Debian kernel-source package and appears to be a "final" version.

I could send you my .config file off list if you think it might help...

I would really appreciate it. It is beginning to look very-much like my problem is "operator error" on this end <grin>. So far I have only had myself as a benchmark... probably NOT a good idea!

TIA & Cheers,
-Don Spoon-