Re: Optimizing Alpha

> Hello,
>
> I'm using debian woody on Miata au433 since about one year.
>

> $> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> cpu                     : Alpha
> BogoMIPS                : 858.04

That is normal. My PWS500 has about 1000 bogomips.

> MemTotal:       317968 kB

should be enough.

> This program gives a score for every machine. The problem is the my
> score  (30.8) is lower than an alpha 266Mhz with the 128Mb memory !?

Do you have any L3 cache? It's a module on the motherboard, and exists
in 2 sizes: 2 Mb and 4 Mb. I can imagine your PWS being very slow without
that module. Perhaps there's also a command in SRM to see if it's active?

Good luck,
Jurriaan