Re: Installing a package interactively

"Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm positive that you should not be using cpml-ev6, as it's impossible
for
> an SX to have an EV6 in it (PCA56 only) :-)  I'd be curious also to
see
> the output of implver.

There is definitely something wrong with the Compaq math library
installer debs, as even my plain old Multia is reported as an EV6 when
installing cpml-ev5 or cxml-ev5.
Maybe there is a brain-damaged test somewhere assuming that everything
that is not EV5 must be EV6?

/usr/sbin/implver says:
21064 (EV4)
(i.e. it cannot distinguish between a 21064 and a 21066, I suppose)

/proc/cpuinfo says:
cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : LCA4
cpu variation           : 7
cpu revision            : 0
cpu serial number       :
system type             : Noname
system variation        : 0
system revision         : 0
system serial number    :
cycle frequency [Hz]    : 166631622 est.
timer frequency [Hz]    : 1024.00
page size [bytes]       : 8192
phys. address bits      : 34
max. addr. space #      : 63
BogoMIPS                : 161.48
kernel unaligned acc    : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
user unaligned acc      : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
platform string         : (PCI ISA)
cpus detected           : 1

The system is running latest woody, updated today 10 am UTC.

Regards,
Topi