RE: netboot Alpha Linux with inital ramdisk

You're booting from SRM right? If so simply copy
your ramdisk to a know location. Then  in your kernels
toplevel makefile at the line.

INITRD=/path/to/initrd

save it.

compile kernel as you normally would and then
do these two extra steps.

        make bootimage
        make bootpfile

When thats done you'll have a file named 'bootpfile'
in arch/alpha/boot. That's your bootp image with an
INITRD attached. You should be able to boot this with
zero args from SRM but if it does fail, add
root=/dev/ramdisk to your flags, you can also pass any other flags
as you like. It may also fail if you have over 1GB of system ram
and Andrea's robust initrd fix has 'not' been applied. My knowledge
is a little rusty so this might have been fixed by now ;-).

If you want examples, see.
http://www.api-networks.com/products/downloads/customer_support/CS20/Kernels
/SRPMS/

Peter