Re: Prob getting X going with Matrox card and Woody and XFree 4

Michael, have you tried turning off fbdev? I had what might have been
a related problem which was solved by doing so. In that case, the
message about mga_hal was a red herring. (See thread 'X can't find
usable screens' on this list around the end of last September).

- Robert