Re: building kernel

Thank you for answer, Falk.

Actually, I've started my experiments after I found out that
decompression of digital audio (mp3, ogg, etc) that are floation point
operations IIRC, are peformed on my 600ua much less efficiently, than,
say, on Celeron 566. For instance, xmms plaing 128kbps takes about 6%
of alpha and about 1% of C566.

Is this an expected performace?

Thanks,
Sacha