Fwd: Re: i2c+lm_sensors--possible? worthwhile?

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 01:40 pm, Kelledin wrote:
> Has anyone gotten i2c-2.6.5 (related to lm_sensors-2.6.5) to
> work on an alpha box?  Taking this farther, has anyone got
> lm_sensors working on an alpha box?  Is it worthwile (i.e. do
> any Alpha boxen come with system monitoring chips)?
>
> I just tried compiling i2c-2.6.5, and it appears to have some
> arch-specific assembly code that would need porting.  Sadly,
> that porting is currently beyond my skill level at this point.
> =(

Well, ok...the problem's not quite what I thought it was.  I'm
getting the following error message, though:

"Error: macro requires $at register while noat in effect"

This is what's causing it to punt.  Apparently, gcc is
 generating slightly out-of-whack assembly language...

Anyone know how to fix this?  I'm using gcc-2.95.3 to compile
this stuff...using gcc3 is a bit of a non-option.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"