i2c+lm_sensors--possible? worthwhile?

Has anyone gotten i2c-2.6.5 (related to lm_sensors-2.6.5) to work
on an alpha box?  Taking this farther, has anyone got lm_sensors
working on an alpha box?  Is it worthwile (i.e. do any Alpha
boxen come with system monitoring chips)?

I just tried compiling i2c-2.6.5, and it appears to have some
arch-specific assembly code that would need porting.  Sadly,
that porting is currently beyond my skill level at this point.
=(

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"