Re: woody on a dec alpha xl 266; kernel version 2.4.18

I would definitely compile the SCSI driver right into the kernel, and are
you sure you have the correct filesystem support compiled right in as
well? I've never really had a lot of luck with trying to load initrd's
right - it just isn't as reliable/clean (although it DOES work if you do
it right, I'm just not 31337 enough to be sure that it will always work)
	-Josiah