Re: installing ccc

Phil Carmody wrote:

phil@megaspaz:deb$ sudo dpkg --install ccc_6.2.9.506-4_alpha.deb (Reading database ... 26391 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace ccc 6.2.9.506-4 (using ccc_6.2.9.506-4_alpha.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement ccc ...
Setting up ccc (6.2.9.506-4) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ccc.postinst: line 103: cd: usr/doc/ccc-6.2.9.506: No
such file or directory
dpkg: error processing ccc (--install):
ccc
OK, I've got the .tar.gz file corresponding to the .deb, and done a quick
grep:

phil@megaspaz:deb$ find ccc-6.2.9.506 -type f -print | xargs grep '6.2.9'
[snip results]

What are the chances of a mechanical search&replace working? I know bugger all about .deb files, so it would be a leap of faith to
imagine that I could do anything with the changed files anyway. There's the
"twat it with a hammer" technique of simply running the scripts that look
like they've got a sensible name, I guess, but that sounds too much like
mucking around under the hood to me.

It would probably work, but there are always "issues" with such upgrades.

I'll go ahead and take care of it this afternoon (and close bug 159536), you'll have to get the unstable package but it should work.

Are there any others that are out of date?

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>