Re: installing ccc

--- Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> Hello !
> Did you try to use the debian installers ?
>
> http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/compaq/

First I was told to go and fetch libots from Compaq.

phil@megaspaz:deb$ sudo dpkg --install libots_2.2.7-2_alpha.deb
Can't open ./libots-2.2.7-2.alpha.rpm: No such file or directory at -e line 4.
Couldn't extract the rpm, aborting
You can set $TMPDIR if /tmp is not an option
dpkg: error processing libots (--install):
 libots

phil@megaspaz:deb$ ls ./libots-2.2.7-2.alpha.rpm
./libots-2.2.7-2.alpha.rpm

phil@megaspaz:deb$ df /tmp
/dev/sda9              1637879    502465   1052113  33% /tmp

phil@megaspaz:deb$ ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt    8 root     root        10240 Sep  2 11:11 /tmp

To be honest it's not telling me what's going wrong - the rpm file exists,
and /tmp is both writable, and not full.

What more does it need?

Phil

=====
"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in
times of moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- John F. Kennedy, 24 June 1963, claiming to quote Dante,
to whom this has been incorrectly attributed ever since.