sg module problems

(yes again with my burner problems)

I was told that SCSI Generic needed to be set as a module for burning
and so i did that.  But now, when i go to burn from my IDE burner, i get
thrown back to SRM with the following:

halted CPU 0
halt code = 7
machine check while in PAL mode
PC=1c700
boot failure

I get that about 5seconds after the actual burning starts.  I only get
it if im not in X.  If im in X, it just slowly locks up the machine, ie:
i can move windows, then i cant move windows but cna still move the
cursor, then it just locks.

If i try to burn with my SCSI cdrom, i get a kernel panic (i think).  it
says i cant get a paging address or something, dumps all the registers
and halts.

Anyone?

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org