Compiling kernel. Was:RE:Installing woody on UDB

On Friday 26 July 2002 12:29, jaap.hogenberg@nl.abnamro.com wrote:
> Falk Hueffner wrote:
> >jaap.hogenberg@nl.abnamro.com writes:
> >> I recently tried a debian install on a UDB/Multia box , and now I
> >> seem to be stuck in dselect.
<snip>

> >If you have tried to install Debian 3.0 aka woody, this might have
> >been caused by "stable" still pointing to potato on the mirrors at
> >that time. So please try again.
> >--
> >            Falk
>
> Yes, I was installing woody, but it was not declared stable at
> that time. I was planning on trying a new install anyway , so
> I'll try that.

(different e-mail adress , same guy)  :-)

I redid the install and it's OK now !
Installation was a piece of cake, great work you guys !

I do have some questions again, I checked the documentation
a bit but it isn't all clear to me yet....

I usually build my kernels for this box (multia) on another alpha,
then copy them over and use them. Would that just work, or
do I need copy the debian kernel headers over to my compile machine
first ?

I also can't find the pcmcia-modules .deb for the installed kernel,
using dselect, do I need to configure an additional source for dpkg or
is there something else I could be doing wrong ?

Thanks for your patience   :-)

Regards,
Jaap Hogenberg