Installing woody on UDB

Hi all.

I recently tried a debian install on a UDB/Multia box , and now I
seem to be stuck in dselect.
I'm new to debian so the debian package system and software installation
tools are new to me, please bear with me......
I installed the box using the boot/rescue , and the root disk, using
network install,
and that worked fine.
After that , task-select is run , but I do not  want to install any
task-packages,
so I skip that.
(I want to use this box as my wireless gateway/firewall , so I don't need
X)

After that , I am presented with dselect , to add software packages , but
whatever choices I make , I end up with dependence problems that indicate
glibc has a conflict with glibc-dev. When I try to deselect the software
that
causes the conflict, it breaks even more dependencies.

This was all about 2 weeks ago , but I did not get around to try and fix
it,
so maybe this has improved already , although I have not seen any
indication
of changes being made here on the list. I'm guessing not.

So, does anyone know of a solution for my problem ?
BTW, I've tried to search some mail archives but it seems those have been
unavailable since may 2001 ?? (linuxalpha.org)

I would be most gratefull for any hints !

Regards ,

Jaap Hogenberg

PS. my company likes funky disclaimers.... sorry :-(
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that
the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.