Re: XFree86 4.2 Debian packages for Alpha

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 03:06:00PM -0500, Richard Fillion wrote:

> While im on the subject of XFree86, has anyone (except for the guy that
> tried to help me) been able to get a hardware accelerated GLX server
> going with an ATi card?  I have an ATi Radeon 32Meg SDR PCI, i've tried
> everything i could possibly think of except build XFree86 from sources.

Well, that (building from sources) is usually what it takes.

The kernel modules that do the 3D hardware-related stuff usually have
to be built out of the desired XFree86 source tree, while pointing at
the kernel directory tree from which the running kernel has been
built.

Lots of room for version mismatches, if one takes independently-built
XFree86 and kernel binaries... :-\

 --Jay++