Re: XFree86 4.2 Debian packages for Alpha

I havent built them from source, but i have tried the debs (or were they
rpms that i converted with alien...).  It worked fine, except for XDM,
it was broken and so i went back to 4.1.

While im on the subject of XFree86, has anyone (except for the guy that
tried to help me) been able to get a hardware accelerated GLX server
going with an ATi card?  I have an ATi Radeon 32Meg SDR PCI, i've tried
everything i could possibly think of except build XFree86 from sources.

And now off subject, im looking to add a IDE controller to my box, any
suggestions for what i should get?  Any of them NOT work with
linux/alphalinux?

Thanks

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.dhs.org