2.4.x and dvd+rw

  Reading the udftools description, it would seem I need a 2.4-series
kernel to burn dvd's, though dvdplusrw does not mention (nor depend on)
this. Is this true? And if it is, how stable are the 2.4-series kernels
nowadays on SMP alphas (UP2000+ in this case)? I recall some discussion on
the topic months ago with many people having many problems, but then,
again, 2.4-series was a disaster until .18 came out. I have a very stable
system which I would not like to destabilise for the sake of a newer
kernel with just dvd+rw support gained.

                | Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi                    |
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |