Re: Install on Alpha 164LX

duane c wrote:
> I need a little assistance installing Debian 2.2 on a Alpha with a 164LX
> board.  The machine is an Alpha Dolly 533.  How do I go about
> configuring the Alpha Utilities to boot from the CD or from a floppy to
> install from the CD?

Please read (in case you didn't already):

Debian Installation manual for Alpha,
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/alpha/install
especially section 6 "Booting the installation system".

Another useful (though somewhat outdated) document is
http://www.alpha-processor.com/support/install_linux_164lx.shtml
which documents the installation of RedHat 5.2 on a 164LX (the
process is very similar to the Debian installation).

HTH,
Stefan Schroepfer