Re: Super-slow compilation

Do you have B-cache?  One of the things that make alpha so powerfull is the option of
adding 2MB or 4MB of B-Cache.  (i think this is like L3 cache for AMD/Intel's).  I've
talked to many people on the lists lately who say Galeon and Mozilla start up quickly and
render web pages quickly, but since I have no B-cache, it literally takes 10-15 seconds
just for mozilla to start up for me and everything is a 2-5 second delay after it starts
up.  Even Konueror is slooowww.  FWIW, I have a Digital PWS600au running RH7.1 and a
PWS433au running woody.

Terry

--